British Admiralty Routeing Chart 5146 Mediterranean and Black Seas
These charts are essential for use in passage planning for ocean voyages. They include routes and distances between major ports, ocean currents, ice limits, load lines and wind roses, with expected meteorological and oceanographic conditions for each month of the year. Five charts cover the oceans of the world; North Atlantic, South Atlantic, North Pacific, South Pacific and the Indian Ocean.
Main Chart Details
- Chart Title: Mediterranean and Black Seas Routeing Chart
- Publication Date: 12/11/2015
- Latest Edition date: 09/01/2020
- Chart Size: 968 x 630 (mm)
Chart Panel Details
- Panel Name Mediterranean and Black Seas Routeing Chart
- Area Name Mediterranean and Black Seas Routeing Charts
- Natural Scale 5000000
- North Limit 52° 16'.20N
- East Limit 42° 17'.60E
- South Limit 23° 00'.00N
- West Limit 7° 00'.00W
Co-ordinates given are usually those of the four extremities of the chart. In many cases not all the area within will be fully charted*.Customers should check that the chart meets their requirements by viewing the chart image (where available).Mariners should always use the largest scale navigational chart available.
*Reasons may include
- Continuation of coverage of a small part outside the main area of chart coverage e.g a river.
- Inset plans and the chart title block and notes also take up space, therefore geographical information cannot be shown in this area.
- A need to refer to larger scale of chart, such waters are often "blued out" to avoid excessive maintenance work applying numerous NM corrections to an area of the small scale chart where the navigator will be using a larger scale chart.
- Coverage is better served from a different chart because of typical routeings.