Oklahoma State Flag
The Oklahoma state flag was designed by Luise Fluke and Dr. Joseph Thoburn and adopted in 1925 for a Daughters of the American Revolution competition. The name of the state was added in 1941. The design consists of an Osage war shield crossed by an olive branch and a peace pipe on a light blue field. The blue was derived from the flag the Choctaw flew during the Civil War.
Annin state flags are made from 100% SolarMax nylon. This material, developed especially for the flag industry, is engineered to resist damage from the sun's UV rays.
Annin's outdoor state flags are stocked in sizes 12 X 18 inches, 2x3 ft., 3x5 ft., 4x6 ft., 5x8 ft., and 6 X 10 ft.