British Admiralty Nautical Chart 5524 Mariners' Routeing Guide Singapore Strait
Admiralty Routeing Guides Routeing Guides provide important passage planning information in addition to details of traffic separation schemes for the major shipping areas of the English Channel, North Sea, Gulf of Suez, Malacca and Singapore Straits.
Main Chart Details
- Chart Title: Mariners' Routeing Guide Singapore Strait
- Publication Date: 24/09/2015
- Latest Edition date: 07/01/2021
- Chart Size: 980 x 640 (mm)
Chart Panel Details
- Panel Name Mariners' Roueting Guide Singapore Strait
- Area Name Malacca and Singapore Strait
- Natural Scale 200000
- North Limit 2° 00'.00N
- East Limit 105° 06'.56E
- South Limit 0° 50'.55N
- West Limit 103° 20'.89E
Co-ordinates given are usually those of the four extremities of the chart. In many cases not all the area within will be fully charted*.Customers should check that the chart meets their requirements by viewing the chart image (where available).Mariners should always use the largest scale navigational chart available.
*Reasons may include
- Continuation of coverage of a small part outside the main area of chart coverage e.g a river.
- Inset plans and the chart title block and notes also take up space, therefore geographical information cannot be shown in this area.
- A need to refer to larger scale of chart, such waters are often "blued out" to avoid excessive maintenance work applying numerous NM corrections to an area of the small scale chart where the navigator will be using a larger scale chart.
- Coverage is better served from a different chart because of typical routeings.