Weems & Plath 2004-S Hand Bearing Compass for Southern Hemisphere (Y/B)
The Southern Hemisphere Hand Bearing Compass is designed for use south of the equator by compensating for dip. The colorful sturdy rubber housing protects the compass in a harsh environment. The Southern Hemisphere compass features:
• A liquid-dampened card with photo luminescent night lighting that quickly charges by placing the compass momentarily under bright light. No batteries are required.
• To take the bearing of a point, the compass is held near the eye and read down the line of sight.
• For quick reference, a heading can be determined by looking straight down at the compass and reading the degree shown through the magnifying lens.
• A stable bearing appears in the prism in perfect focus day or night
• Contrasting black and red numbers on the compass card make it quick, clear and easy to read.
• Includes directions for use, a numbered calibration certificate, and an integral lanyard which serves as a convenient neck or wrist strap.
• Lifetime warranty
• Factory certified - accurate to within 1 degree