Weems & Plath 2004 Hand Bearing Compass
This Hand Bearing Compass is accurate, durable and easy to use day or night. The colorful sturdy rubber housing protects the compass and makes it easy to find when needed. This versatile hand bearing compass features:
• a liquid-dampened card with photo luminescent night lighting that quickly charges by placing the compass momentarily under bright light. No batteries are required.
• To take the bearing of a point, the compass is held near the eye and read down the line of sight.
• For quick reference, a heading can be determined by looking straight down at the compass and reading the degree shown through the magnifying lens.
• A stable bearing appears in the prism in perfect focus day or night
• Contrasting black and red numbers on the compass card make it quick, clear and easy to read.
• The hand bearing compass comes complete with directions for use, a numbered calibration certificate, and an integral lanyard which serves as a convenient neck or wrist strap.
• Lifetime warranty
• Factory certified - accurate to within 1 degree