Advanced Bluewater Cruising
What you need to know for safe, comfortable passages under sail.
Are you ready to sail the open ocean?
Advanced Bluewater Cruising will help coastal cruising sailors make the step to becoming successful passagemakers. You'll learn pros & cons of virtually every major equipment choice and step-by-step procedures for inspecting the key systems on your boat. You'll gain intimate knowledge of onboard systems and how to keep them in reliable running order. You'll develop preparation and planning skills to ensure safe, comfortable passages under sail. Above all, you'll enjoy the unique rewards of bluewater cruising through decisions that are right for you, your boat, and your crew.
Key topics include:
• Selecting/outfitting your boat
• Sails, dinghies, engines, batteries
• Preventive measures
• Understanding weather
• Previsioning, stowage & cooking
• Fear - how it can work for you
• Personal affairs - money, bills, mail
• Troubleshooting your engine, steering and electrical systems
• Medical & dental kits and treatment
• Damage control - fire, flooding, dismasting