Chapman Piloting & Seamanship, 69th Edition 2021
Chapman is the foundation reference for all boaters and sailors with essential information on boat handing and seamanship skills on coast and inland waters.
With three million copies sold, Chapman Piloting & Seamanship is the one comprehensive resource boaters at all levels of experience trust for everything they need to know to set out on the water. It addresses the best traditions of seamanship with cutting-edge practices, gear, and technology. Along with 1500 color photos, charts and drawings, this edition includes:
• Navigating by day or night in any weather
• Getting underway or returning to a marina or mooring under power or sail
• Anchoring and weighing anchor
• Operating a gas or diesel engine—inboard, outboard, or sterndrive
• Using radar and communicating by radio
• Sharing the water with other boats
• Handling lines and making them fast
• Reading the weather and keeping your crew safe with the latest advice on safety equipment
The 4,200-entry index makes it easy to quickly access any topic, and the glossary and source information directs the reader to vital information on weather, tides, and aids to navigation.
Used and recommended by the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, the U.S. Power Squadrons, and other boating educators, Chapman is today—and has been for more than a century—the boating book of record.