SOLAS Training Manual: Fire Equipment & Fire Fighting Techniques , 3rd Edition 2017 (formerly the Fire Training Manual)
As required by SOLAS Chapter II-2 Regs. 15 (Fire Training Manual) and 16 (Fire Safety Operations).
Our Fire Training Manual has been specifically prepared for the marine industry, is fully illustrated, and is clearly presented across approx. 290 pages. This manual is considered by many to have become the international industry-standard, and is used in commercial shipping fleets around the world.
The 3rd edition (English), published in August 2017, provides a comprehensive update, incorporating the significant changes made to SOLAS-II, and now including extensive cross-referencing to the Consolidated SOLAS (2014, and later amendments to January 2016) and other IMO Codes.
The 2nd edition (2011) is also available in Spanish, Russian and French, and has been prepared by professional translators (working in their native tongue and familiar with maritime language).
Key Features / Benefits:
- Meets the requirements of SOLAS Chapter II-2 Regs. 15 and 16
- Covers all the common ship-board fire-fighting equipment and techniques - takes the hard work out of preparing your vessel's training material
- The ship's operator completes the final section of the manual with specific details for that particular vessel, so that the manual now becomes dedicated to that vessel
- Presented in an A4-size loose-leaf binder, to enable easy updating and the insertion of other documents appropriate to that vessel as necessary
- Available in 4 languages: English (3rd ed. 2017), Spanish (2nd ed. 2011), Russian (2nd ed. 2011) and French (2nd ed. 2011).
- The English edition includes extensive cross-referencing to the Consolidated SOLAS (2014, and later amendments to January 2016) and other IMO Codes
- Enables consistency throughout a fleet, and enhances the professional image of the owners and operators