Nicholls's Seamanship and Nautical Knowledge, 30th, 2020
Now onto its 30th Edition, Nicholls’s Seamanship and Nautical Knowledge continues to provide the mariner with an authoritative reference on their craft.
The maritime sector is continuously changing, particularly in terms of ship size, technology and legislation. Since the last edition in 2014, this book has been updated to provide guidance both practically and informatively, and further sources of information are provided throughout the book.
Nicholls’s Seamanship covers a wide range of subjects and would be a valuable addition to any mariner’s library throughout the world.
- Lifting Gear
- Life-saving Appliances
- Anchors and Cables
- International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea
- International Association of Lighthouse Authorities (IALA) Maritime Buoyage System
- Safety and Regulatory Information
- Distress and Rescue
- Ship Handling
- Exceptional Circumstances
- Ship Types and Cargo Operations
- Ship Construction
- Environmental Matters