British Admiralty 5376 South Atlantic Ocean - Magnetic Variation 2020 and Annual Rates of Change
Magnetic Variation Charts are specialist charts providing additional information which can be used alongside the standard nautical charts.
Magnetic Variation Charts These charts show the variation of magnetic fields. While local information is shown on all charts, this series provides more detailed coverage on a worldwide level.
Main Chart Details
- Chart Title: South Atlantic Ocean - Magnetic Variation 2020 and Annual Rates of Change
- Publication Date: 25/08/2011
- Latest Edition date: 09/04/2020
- Chart Size: 888 x 640 (mm)
Chart Panel Details
- Panel Name South Atlantic Ocean - Magnetic Variation 2020 and Annual Rates of Change
- Natural Scale 20000000
- North Limit 33° 48'.20N
- East Limit 59° 34'.40E
- South Limit 62° 00'.00S
- West Limit 100° 00'.00W
Co-ordinates given are usually those of the four extremities of the chart. In many cases not all the area within will be fully charted*.Customers should check that the chart meets their requirements by viewing the chart image (where available).Mariners should always use the largest scale navigational chart available.
*Reasons may include
- Continuation of coverage of a small part outside the main area of chart coverage e.g a river.
- Inset plans and the chart title block and notes also take up space, therefore geographical information cannot be shown in this area.
- A need to refer to larger scale of chart, such waters are often "blued out" to avoid excessive maintenance work applying numerous NM corrections to an area of the small scale chart where the navigator will be using a larger scale chart.
- Coverage is better served from a different chart because of typical routeings.