Guide to Port Entry 2017-2018 Edition (Four Volume Set)
The most accurate and comprehensive port information resource, Guide to Port Entry, assists you and your crew in planning port calls to over 11,400 global commercial ports and terminals.
Make seamless port calls a reality and be safe in the knowledge that your crew have a complete port overview with over 83 port information sections at their disposal, including, pre-arrival information, details of the documentation required by the port, maximum size of vessel permissible and cargo facilities, as well as Reports of Actual Conditions Experienced by other seafarers visiting that port.
Over 23,700 port service providers, together with their contact details, are also given for quick access to the facilities you need. Plus, when using our port information guide in conjunction with navigational information, you will have a clear understanding of the location of the facilities available by using our port plans, of which over 5,000 are available.
Included within this edition is access to the latest port information updates via unique port QR codes, which can be scanned using a smartphone or tablet. As such, you can be safe in the knowledge that when planning a port call your vessel/s have all the essential information they need.
- Over 11,400 commercial ports and terminals in over 190 counties, all reviewed and revised since the last edition
- 109 new ports and terminals are included
- 83 port information headings
- Unique QR codes for each port entry providing access to updated port information via Findaport.com
- 5,049 port plans and mooring diagrams, designed and reviewed by our in-house cartographers
- Over 23,700 port service providers
- Over 1,700 Reports of Actual Conditions Experienced provided by fellow seafarers following port visits
- 2,979 cross references ensuring no duplicated information is listed
- All data is sourced directly from port authorities, agents or operators
- Four hardback volumes - two of text, two of plans
- No advertising, no duplication
- Trial FindaportCD, enclosed with every edition of Guide to Port Entry. For access to updated port information a subscription is required.
Volumes 1 and 2 consist of detailed port information laid out in logical sequence across 83 headings
Volumes 3 and 4 provide usable and detailed port plans and mooring diagrams, invaluable to shipmasters approaching unfamiliar ports and berths.
Plans are available in six categories for easy reference:
- Country Plans: showing the location of ports
- Port Location: location of, and approaches to, ports, harbours and terminals
- Berth Locations: berth numbers and locations
- Berthing Diagrams: individual berth and mooring arrangements
- Berth Equipment: including cranes, manifolds, chiksans, fire-fighting equipment, fendering and much more
- Shipmasters' Plans: drawings/plans as supplied by shipmasters, officers, superintendents and other authoritative sources
Please be advised that all plans are displayed in Greyscale in Guide to Port Entry.