Maryland Nautical is a proud member of the Chart and Nautical Instrument Trade Association (CNITA). The London-based Association provides an international forum for companies who supply, manufacture and maintain nautical charts, publications, instruments and magnetic compasses. CNITA has a long-standing relationship with the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office and has regular meetings with UKHO’s senior staff regarding new products, digital charting, distribution, and other topics concerning both chart agents and the end user.
MNS managers Eric Beswick and Dakota Wader attended CNITA’s 97th annual conference in October 2015 to keep abreast of new developments and to establish and enhance professional relationships between MNS and CNITA members. Their UK trip concluded with a visit to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) in London.
Chart Supply & Correction Services
- Members can offer worldwide distribution of charts and publications.
- Provide trained chart correctors for Admiralty charts.
Setting the Highest Industry Standards
- Updated on regular changes in the industry.
-ISO 9001:2008 Certified Members.
- Follows approved management system, standards and guidelines.
- Some members can provide technicians to swing ships in most major ports.